- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until very tender when pierced with a knife, 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, halve sweet potatoes. With a spoon, scoop out fresh (discard skins); transfer to a food processor.
- Add butter and syrup; process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Compliments of MarthaStewart.com