- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (mix and bake in a 9″ springfoam pan lined with parchment paper)
- Pour caramel sauce over brownie after it has cooled in pan
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the white chocolate and heavy cream, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and refrigerate, stirring occasionally until cool, approx. 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract.Â Using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat until well blended.
Add the cooled white chocolate mixture and beat until light and fluffy, approx. 2 minutes.
Pour the filling over the brownie, smooth with a rubber spatula.Â Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
Plate and drizzle with more homemade caramel sauce and chocolate syrup.
Compliments of TickledRed.com
Ingredients – Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated until warm
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together the sugar, syrup, and water until the sugar is completely moistened.Â Place your thermometer into the pot taking care that its tip is immersed into the sugar mixture.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the syrup is bubbling.Â Stop stirring completely and allow it to boil undisturbed until it turns a deep amber (380 F).Â Immediately remove it from the heat and slowly and carefully pour the hot cream into the caramel.Â It will bubble up furiously.
Use a high-temperature heat-resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir the mixture until smooth, scraping up the thicker part that settles on the bottom.Â If any lumps develop, return the pan to the heat and stir until they dissolve.Â Stir in the butter and salt.Â The mixture will be streaky but become uniform after cooling slightly and stirring.
Allow the sauce to cool for 3 minutes.Â Gently stir in the vanilla extract.
Compliments of MyBakingAddiction.com